Face coverings a legal requirement in shops and on public transport
From 30th November 2021, face coverings are again a legal requirement in shops, close-contact businesses and on public transport.
These temporary measures will be reviewed in 3 weeks’ time.
Autumn Budget 2021 highlights at a glance:
– Exemption from business rates on plant and machinery used onsite for renewable energy
– 50% business rates discount for retail, hospitality, & leisure sectors for 1 year
– £3.8 billion to develop skills and Multiply’ maths programme for adults
– Global Talent Network to recruit from outside the UK and new scale-up visa
– £20bn in R&D by 2024/25
– Over £5bn for local roads maintenance, over £5bn for buses, cycling and walking
– Levelling Up Fund – £1.7bn allocated in the infrastructure of everyday life in over 100 local areas.
– A rise in the National Living Wage to £9.50
– Universal Credit Taper Rate from 63p to 55p
– Alcohol Duty – planned increase in duty on spirits will all be cancelled from midnight and Duties cut by 5% on draught beer and cider worth £100m a year
– Planned rise in fuel duty cancelled
– £560m for youth services
Click here to read more
Log into your account